Service contract areas are routes that can not run commercially and therefore must be subsidized by the government in order for the public to be able to fly.
The prices on these routes are fixed due to the agreement with the government.
The service contract area covers the following towns, settlements and shuttle services:
- Qaanaaq (NAQ) district/air service settlements
- Qaanaaq (NAQ) - Upernavik (JUV)
- Upernavik district/air service settlements
- Uummannaq (UMD) district/air service settlements incl. shuttle service between Uummannaq (UMD) and Qaarsut (JQA)
- City-to-city (Ilulissat (JAV)/Qeqertarsuaq (JGO)/Qasigiannguit (JCH)/Aasiaat(JEG)) and district/air service settlements - Operated by www.diskoline.gl
- Tasiilaq (AGM) district/air service settlements incl. shuttle service between Kulusuk (KUS) and Tasiilaq (AGM)
- Nerlerit inaat (CNP) - Ittoqqortoormiit (OBY)
City-to-city (Narsarsuaq (UAK)/ Qaqortoq (JJU) / Narsaq (JNS) / Nanortalik (JNN)) district/air service settlements - Operated by www.diskoline.gl