Agency Debit Memos (ADM) are invoices to Travel Agents for misuse of GL inventory, fares, products or other policies.
In order to avoid Travel Agents (IATA and Non-IATA) being billed with ADM’s Air Greenland has created “Reservations, Ticketing & Integrity Policy” and the objective is to advise Travel Agents on how to avoid the risk of being billed for any misuse of GL inventory, fares, products or other policies.
It is our experience that many issues, defined as misuse, stem from lack of knowledge or maybe rather from the overflow of information in the global world of reservations.
It is the aim to reduce the amount of ADM’s by creating dialogue and information about how to navigate, when entering GL inventory or issuing tickets on GL documents. As part of this effort, GL has established a policy, describing in detail known issues considered misuse or abusive behavior. GL will follow up on any of the mentioned issues, and maintain the right to collect reimbursement for any cost that could have been avoided if the Travel Agent responsible for the Reservation or Ticket had followed this policy. This policy focus on any segments booked, which will not result in a passenger ticketed and flown.
These “inactive segments” create unnecessary costs for both Airline and Travel Agents, and by reducing this we minimize the distribution costs and optimize flight inventory. Within focus is also violation of closed booking classes and misuse of fare rules and tickets. This provides a positive effect for Travel Agents and Customers with:
- Updated and correct inventory with correct seat availability
- Correct fares and no ADM’s
- Equal terms of rules which will secure an equal competition between sales agencies
- Smooth check-in at airports for the customer
- Limit administrative workload for the Agent and GL
These Reservations, Ticketing and the Integrity Policy must be followed by any Travel Agent or other entity making reservations or issuing tickets on GL inventory, including Non – IATA Agencies. The Agency has responsibility to ensure that all of its employees and contractors, in all of its locations, are familiar with this Policy, including future amendments.
The Reservations, Ticketing and Integrity Policy is available on the GL Sales Information website, and any changes will be posted here as well: www.airgreenland_salesinfo.com
AIRLINE ADM POLICY IN ALL BSP
- ADMs should only be used to collect amounts or make adjustments to agent transactions in respect of the issuance and use of Traffic Documents in case of:
- Unreported documents
- Fare under collection
- IT fares not sold in accordance to conditions and rules
- Incorrect fare basis for other carrier (fare basis shown on the ticket is differs from fare basis in PNR) in case of interline over billing
- Under collected taxes and fees on the ticket
- Uncollected rebooking, name change or lost ticket fees
- Incorrect commission applied
- Credit card charge backs
- Re-issuance without endorsements of other airline tickets
- Booking classes versus fare basis class as per fare rules
- Fare rules (class, fare basis) ignored for groups
- Interline tickets issued when no interline agreement exists
- Ticket issued with a segment status ‘not confirmed’ whereas the fare basis demands that all segments be confirmed
- Over refunded amount
- Refunds made outside the rules without providing airline authority or proof of evidence
- Missing refund documents
- Missing exchanged documents in case of reissue
- ADMs shall be issued in (airline) Revenue Accounting system and up-loaded to BSP Link only within nine months of the final travel. Any ADM issued beyond this period shall be handled directly with an Agent.
- Airlines shall provide Agents with the period of notice set up by BSP Link (two weeks at least) in order to review any ADM and dispute it.
- ADMs are to be specific in their details and reason.
- Any ADM relates to a specific transaction only, however, more than one charge can be included on one ADM with the same reason only, and a detailed supporting list is provided.
- When more than one ADM is raised in relation to the same ticket it shall be specified for a different adjustment to previous issues.
- All rejected or disputed ADMs must be handled by (airline) during two weeks assuming, that the relevant supporting information is provided.
If an agent disputes any one of our ADM (as per list above), Air Greenland maintains the right to re-issue any of these disputed ADM raising an administration fee of 10EUR/per ticket, if the agent’s dispute was not justified.
Air Greenland reserves the right to change any of these requirements without advance notification.
Documents uploaded via this facility in no way represent an opinion or policy of BSP link Management or of IATA. The information contained in these documents is provided by the Airline named and for the benefit of BSP Link users. IATA accepts no liability for any misrepresentation contained in these documents, the accuracy of the content and/or the use of the information contained in the document.