Cancellation of a reservation with flexible ticket(s) and flexible thru or married segments is required at least 2 hours prior departure if full refund is expected.
Only tax refund is applicable if cancellation has been made less than 2 hours prior departure.
Only tax refund is applicable if the passenger was a No show.
Only unused tax is refundable for restricted tickets.
All tickets can be fully refunded within 24 hours from the booking time, due to our grace period rule, but no later than 2 hours prior departure and cancellation rule will apply.
Refund procedure for Travel Agents
In the following situations a refund is permitted without contacting GL for totally unused tickets:
- Refund of fare and/or tax according to fare rule
- Full refund if the flight is UN in the PNR – provided that no new flights are booked and the ticket is re-issued.
- Full refund if ticket has been revalidated and the originally booked flight is UN in the PNR
- Full refund for cancelled flights, no authorization needed if cancellation information secured (e.g. UN in PNR, CRS flight information, flight status at GL home page).
- Refund according to 24 hour grace period rule.
Partly used tickets
- Refund of fare and/or tax of partially used ticket according to fare rule.
- Refund permitted for cancelled flights, no authorization needed if cancellation information secured (e.g. UN in PNR, CRS flight information, flight status at GL home page).
Refund through BSP-link when a refund application must be issued
- For all past dated journeys with no active TWD
- For tax refund due no-show where coupon status has been changed to Y by GL
- Full refund due to death of passenger, a refund application must be issued with copy of death certificate attached.
If the ticket is re-issued, enter the last issued ticket number under the “Document for refund” column and the issued ticket number under the “Original Issue Details” column.
Reimbursement as authorized only to the original “Form of Payment”.
“Reason for refund” shall be completed in English and contain all relevant information.
The application shall be sent to GL when the original ticket is issued on 631-ticket stock, even if the ticket is re-issued by another airline.
Please register one ticket only per refund application.
NOTE: Tickets older than 1 year will and cannot be refunded.
IMPORTANT: Some refunds requires authorization by Air Greenland Helpdesk as a confirmation to Air Greenland Revenue Accounting in order to avoid an ADM.